Ethernet Demarcation SFP
Available for installation
MiNID is a fully functional Network Interface Device (NID), featuring a patent-pending enclosure that transforms any SFP into a Carrier Ethernet demarcation device. Easily pluggable into SFP ports of switches, routers and base stations, it offers Carrier Ethernet demarcation and SLA assurance functionalities for per-CoS service monitoring and fault isolation. Part of the EtherAccess© portfolio, the MiNID handles up to 1Gbps of Ethernet user traffic with per port and per-flow OAM capabilities, as well as with performance monitoring counters, while providing remote end-to-end service control.
Eliminating the need for standalone demarcation devices, MiNID is ideal for mobile backhaul service assurance, shared wholesale/service provider functionality in out-of-footprint Ethernet service deployments, Carrier Ethernet enhancement for Ethernet switches, and Ethernet transport monitoring for IP services. It is extremely easy to install and maintain, it does not require dedicated training and delivers substantial OpEx savings by lowering power consumption, space and installation costs.
- Eliminates the need for standalone demarcation devices in hard-to-reach, limited space locations
- Does not require dedicated training or installation fees
- Lowers inventories, power consumption, cabling, and rental costs at the PoP
- Easy service turn-up and ongoing monitoring
- Monitor optics parameters (power, voltage, temperature, etc.) for DDM-enabled SFPs
MiNID is a fully functional Network Interface Device (NID), housed in a smart SFP sleeve. It offers mobile demarcation and SLA verification functionalities for remote service monitoring and fault isolation. Part of the EtherAccess© portfolio, the MiNID handles up to 1Gbps of Ethernet user traffic and can be managed independently. It provides significant reduction in costs and operational complexity. NIDs are often 19” wide and 1 U high. They require costly dedicated equipment slots or rack space, as well as power feeds and fans to dissipate heat. All of this adds to the total cost of a standalone NID solution. MiNID eliminates these expenses completely: It has no external power or rack space requirements and, since it is extremely easy to install and maintain, it does not require special training or expensive installation costs.
- Complies with MEF Carrier Ethernet 2.0 specifications for EPL, EVPL services
- Up to 1 Gbps user traffic
- Per-CoS Ethernet OAM, performance monitoring and built-in RFC-2544 tester capabilities; L2/L3 diagnostic loopbacks
- Low-touch provisioning
- Seamlessly hosts standard FE and GbE SFP modules
- Independently managed via CLI or WEB interfaces
- Transparent delivery of Digital Diagnostic Monitoring (DDM) data
Mobile backhaul service assurance with an Ethernet demarcation SFP
Instant Carrier Ethernet enhancement for Ethernet switches
Instant shared Carrier Ethernet NID functionality for out-of-footprint service
Ethernet transport monitoring for IP VPNs using Ethernet demarcation SFP
- Related Products
Modular/Fix Carrier Ethernet Demarcation Device