Digital Cross Connect
RAD’s DXC-10A digital cross-connect node provides digital access and cross-connect for multiple services, supporting a wide range of applications for carriers, cellular operators, ISPs, utilities, transportation, campus networks and enterprises. The point-to-multipoint DXC-10A can broadcast any traffic combination from a single input to numerous destinations and provides non-blocking cross-connect for up to 120 lines.
The modular digital cross-connect unit supports E1/T1 conversion, inverse multiplexing, signaling monitoring, grooming of fractional traffic, and transmission of T1 circuits over E1 lines. Services supported include n x 56/64 kbps, ISDN, E1/T1, E3/T3, xDSL, and STM-1 over copper, fiber or xDSL media.
To ensure maximum system reliability, the DXC-10A digital cross-connect node can be equipped with full or partial redundancy and protection solutions.
The compact 1U-high DXC-10A supports up to 40 ports and is not redundant.
For more information, download the Data Sheet
- Leased line services can be delivered at lower capital and operational costs
- Small footprint allows easy installation in street cabinets and cell tower sites
- Bundled services can be delivered over copper or fiber optic lines with integrated fiber optic, SHDSL and IDSL modems
- Central management solutions simplify system organization, administration and management
The DXC digital cross-connect family consists of modular multi-service access nodes providing non-blocking DS0 cross-connect for up to 120 lines. Plug-in interface modules can accommodate up to eight links each. Many services are supported, including n x 56/64 kbps, ISDN, E1, T1, E3, T3, STM-1 and inverse multiplexing.
The DXC family serves as the central solution for many RAD or other standards-based products. The DXC-10A chassis is geared for installations that require a compact unit (e.g., cellular base stations) or lower capacity of up to 40 ports (e.g., a carrier’s initial stage of deployment).
- E1/T1 access platform over SHDSL, IDSL, fiber or copper, featuring data/voice concentration and integrated management
- Conversion/gateway between T1 and E1 networks, for both data and voice
- High-speed access (e.g., Ethernet, HSSI) to a carrier’s high speed digital backbone over n x E1/T1, E3/T3 or STM-1, where n represents one to eight lines
- Distributing services from an SDH or other network to a wide variety of end users by creating an E1/T1 or STM-1 daisy chain
- Grooming fractional trunks to full trunks
- Maximising data traffic payload over E3, T3 or STM-1 trunks
- Grooming of monitoring signals (SS7 or other) for advanced services and Quality of Service
- Broadcasting identical data to multiple destinations
- Cross-connecting trunks at the point-of-presence (POP)
- Grooming a variety of services at the POP over n x E1/T1, E3/T3 or STM-1
- Video conferencing using DIM, inverse multiplexing modules
- Modular construction with four, five or 15 I/O slots allows maximum flexibility between ports
- Point to multipoint broadcast capabilities
- Supports up to 40 ports
- Services supported: n x 56/64 kbps, ISDN, IDSL, SHDSL, E1, T1, E3, T3, and STM-1
- Inverse multiplexing up to 15.7 Mbps
- Optional system redundancy
- Optional link and/or hardware protection
- Built-in E1/T1 converter including A-law/μ-law and signalling conversion for PCM time slots
- Diagnostic capabilities include local and remote loopbacks and BER test
- Auxiliary control from an ASCII terminal SNMP agent for in-band and out-of-band network management using RADview software
- Compact 1U-high unit
- Related Products
E1 to T1 Converter and Timeslot Cross Connect
Fractional E1/T1 Groomer
Digital Cross Connect
SHDSL Ethernet Modem and Mux