ASM-10/8Sync/Async Short Range Modem
RAD’s ASM-10/8 sync/async short range modem operates over unconditioned lines at different user-selected modes: synchronously or asynchronously, at full or half duplex. Depending on the data rate the ASM-10/8 sync/async short range modem can transmit up to distances of 10 kilometers (6.2 miles). Signal quality is guaranteed through the use of conditioned diphase modulation (EUROCOM Std D1). The ASM-10/8 sync/async short range modem comes as a chassis module or as a desktop unit.
For more information, download the Data Sheet.
- Diagnostic capabilities comply with V.54
- Automatic equalizer
- Line protection circuit safeguards the link from electrical damage
Further Product InformationThe ASM-10/8 is a sync/async short range modem operating full or half duplex over twisted pair, unconditioned lines in point-to-point applications. It has a maximum range of up to 10 km (6.2 miles) and operates at nine selectable rates up to 19.2 kbps.
Conditional diphase modulation ensures efficient transmission
The modem uses conditional diphase modulation (EUROCOM Std. D1), which provides immunity to background noise, eliminates normal line distortion and enables efficient transmission over twisted pair. Transmit timing is provided internally, derived externally from the DTE or recovered from the receive signal.
The ASM-10/8 sync/async short range modem features diagnostic capabilities complying with the V.54 standard to perform local and remote loopbacks.
The unit has a V.24/RS-232 interface and is available as a standalone unit or as a card for the 19" ASM-MN-214 rack that holds up to 14 cards.
- Selectable data rates from 2.4 kbps to 19.2 kbps
- Full or half duplex over 4-wire
- Controlled or continuous carrier
- Diagnostic tests, complying with V.54 standard allow local and remote loopback
- Available as a standalone unit or inserted as module in a ASM-MN-214 chassis